Oulu station centre 2025 – modern & versatile central station
Oulu’s Station Centre’s architectural competition received several high-quality contestants, from which ‘Tervatynnyrit’, tar barrels in Finnish, was picked as the unanimous winner. It oozes with the history of the city as a tar city, and the Station Centre will be a functionally versatile whole where transport, jobs, services, and accommodation come together. It will also unify the traditional building base of Raksila district and the well-defined City centre grid plan identity.
- Investment opportunity of approx. 200 million euros
- Located at the very centre of the city at the reach of every mode of transport
- High-level area regarding functionality, cityscape, and architecture
- Commercial space 29,500 m2 GFA
- Communal/public spaces 4,100 m2 GFA
- Housing area 46,700 m2 GFA