A new program from non-profit InsurTech Hub Munich is open to Oulu-based startups who can potentially provide innovative products and solutions to bolster the future-proofing of Germany’s financial services offering to local SMEs.
InsurTech Hub Munich is an innovation platform that unites many actors from several areas of the economy – from startups and investors to academia and governmental entities. Their ‘Future of Commerical Insurance’ program intends to transform commercial insurance for SMEs.
What are the focus areas of the project?
- Acceleration of digitalisation – data-driven risk assessment, digital operations (HR, financing, invoicing, etc.), gig economy insurance, legal tech, payment automation, process automation.
- Cyber security – data protection, identity and access management (IAM), threat intelligence, vulnerability assessment.
- Sustainability – carbon reporting, environmental monitoring, platforms for repairs, sustainable insurance.
Who can apply?
Startups in the pre-seed to series A stage with a proof of concept are invited to take part in this program. Experience with insurance clients is not required.
What are the benefits for taking part?
- No participation fee.
- Curated startup curriculum by insurance experts.
- Individual expert mentoring and networking with top VCs.
- Structured 1:1 business development sessions.
- Direct access to decision-makers within leading insurance and tech companies, such as MunichRe, HukCoburg, SAP, Allianz.
With the exception of the onboarding week and the InsurTech Innovation Night, most of the program is carried out remotely. All sessions are mandatory for startups.
Interested in applying?
You can learn about the application process and timelines on Business Finland’s website or by emailing their Senior Advisor, Melanie Krautwald, at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Thursday 31st August.