Whilst the days might be getting shorter, ICTOulu is set for a busy month of activities to promote the array of companies within our cluster, as well as presenting opportunities for valuable insight sharing and networking. Here’s a brief summary of some of the things we are up to, as well as some other BusinessOulu events that might be of interest, over the coming weeks.
ICTOulu events at BusinessAsema
We have a couple of interesting events coming up at BusinessAsema that will contain valuable information on some of the topics that are being heavily discussed right now in the ICT sector:
- Digital and the Data Economy, 19th September: We are excited to welcome Business Finland and their data economy roadshow to Oulu! This will create plenty of cooperation and networking opportunities for companies interested in the data economy and digitalisation.
- Arctic AI Oulu, 20th September: The ecosystem in Oulu has a remarkable amount of expertise with AI, with lots of companies developing cutting-edge solutions for many different industries. Come along to hear about the latest trends in this field from our local actors.
ICTOulu on the road
We are going to be present at a number of different events across the globe over the next few weeks. You can expect to see us and our company stack at the following:
- DSEI, 12th to 15th September in London, UK: The DSEI summit at the Excel Centre brings together representatives from governments, national armed forces, industry experts and key players from the global defence and security supply chain. Check out some of the Oulu-based actors in this field at booth H7-230!
- Profesia Days, 18th to 19th September in Žilina, Slovakia: Following our productive visit to Bratislava back in May, we will return to Slovakia for our second appearance at the Profesia Days recruitment fair. We will be there to showcase some of the vacancies that are currently available within our sector and the city of Oulu’s unique work/life balance.
- MOVE, 26th to 27th September in Texas, USA – The third instalment of MOVE presents imaginative and creative tech-based solutions for the future of mobility and transport. ICTOulu will be there with a handful of companies from our ecosystem, showcasing some of the pioneering work from our cluster.
Other events to look out for
Pohjat – Entrepreneurship Week of Northern Ostrobothnia starts on Monday 4th September and BusinessOulu will be hosting some events in partnership with this week-long initiative. Additionally, later in the month (22nd to 24th September), the autumn edition of Techstars Startup Weekend will be held at Startup Station. Over 54 hours, you will beable to learn how to think, work and build like a startup. Mentors, investors and co-founders will also be on hand to share their knowledge and advice.
We will post updates throughout the month on ICTOulu, as well as on our LinkedIn channel. If you want to know more about our activities and we how can support your business, please feel free to contact us.